What we do – What we are
What we do
The Forum for European Electrical Domestic Safety (FEEDS) is a think-tank and a do-tank that brings together organizations aiming to improve electrical safety in dwellings.
The Forum aims to contribute to a safe, just and ambitious Energy Transition mainly focused on electrification by:
- Providing harmonized data on domestic fires from electrical source at European level and contributing to improve data collection in each country,
- Promoting proven solutions at European level to reduce electrical fires from electrical source in dwellings,
- Putting electrical safety as a pre-requisite to deep renovation towards zero emission buildings, considering the increasing role of electrification (clean heating, decentralised production, e-mobility, energy storage) and the situation of the building stock with 132 million dwellings across Europe having obsolete electrical installations,
- Drawing attention at all policy levels on the close connection between energy poverty and electrical safety for vulnerable communities,
- Participating in the achievement of the Green Deal targets.
What we are
FEEDS is a project founded in 2001 by the European Copper Institute (ECI). The FEEDS secretariat is managed by ECI with the support of members. FEEDS members contribute to the Forum on a voluntary basis with their time and expertise, they do not pay a membership. The Chair receives a quarterly allowance for his/her time. Specific activities are organized thanks to in-kind contributions of members or funding of ECI. The FEEDS functioning is based on the consensus, all materials publicly available and messages have been approved by all members.
European transparency register: 720468945742-06